La Crossed – make cross fixed again!October 17 | Race | 1 Comment on La Crossed – make cross fixed again!
With “La crossed” we bring the next big thing in fixed gear racing to Berlin: Tracklocross, fixed cross, FXDCX or whatever you wonna call it. It’s gonna be the first fixed cross event ever and it’s gonna be fun!
Join us at the 4th of November 2017 on the Tempelhofer Airfield for some great action on brakeless fixed gear bikes on a diverse cross course with riders in costumes and a cheering crowd that hands canned beer to the racers.
Stay up to date on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/281710685568450/
course map / what to aspect
- 600m cross course
- natural and artifical obstacles
- pump track
- a- and b-line
- variety of surfaces from grass to mud, wood and pavement.
race modus & rules
- guys and grrrlz race
- elimination tournament
- qualification heats: 4 riders against each other, 3 lap race
- racers in a costume start in front. if all in costum all start in line with each other
- finals: 4-6 riders against each other, 5 lap race
- stay tuned for more special features
you & your bike
- no brakes
- fixed gear with lockring mounted
- handlebar with bar tap or rubber grips and bar ends
- 18 spokes minimum // no tri-spokes, no discs
- treaded tires 25C+ // no slick tires
recommended, not mandatory:
- gear ratio 48 x 20 // 44 x 19 or similar
- wide raiser bar
- treaded tires 32C+
- clipless pedals (CX/MTB)
- 10:00 – 12:00 course prep & setup (feel free to help out!)
- 12:00 – 13:00 registration & course reco
- 13:00 – 14:30 qualification heats
- 15:00 – 17:00 finals
- 17:00 podium ceremony
- 18:00 clean-up & shenanigans
There’re limited starting spots available, so sign up now!
Simply write us an e-mail to info#äth#mess-pack-berlin#dot#de with following information:
- your name
- your team
- your bike’s frame size
- info if you’ll use your own bike // you need a bike // would lend your bike to others
Starting fee will be sliding scale 7-10€ (pwyc) and payed on race day on-side.
All pre-registered riders will get an exclusive Starter-Kit, put together by Biehler Cycling. There will be also snacks (cakes, cookies, fruits) & a beverage included for all the racers.
Make it real and dress up like the pros do in every cyclocross race! 😉 Your race advantage will be to get a better starting position over racers, dressed regulary.
Don’t miss any updates & join our facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/281710685568450/
This is not an official race. You’ll have to take care for your own safety and other people, especially those who are not participating in the event!! The event will take at an open and public place and we can only partly fence off the area.